CINEA has launched a call for proposals under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) for Transport funding instrument, which makes €7 billion available for projects aiming to build, upgrade and improve European transport infrastructure.
Two types of applicants can submit their proposal:
- One or more Member States
- With the agreement of the Member State(s) concerned, international organisations, joint undertakings, or public or private undertakings or bodies established in an EU Member State
HOW TO APPLY?
- Read the documentation on the call page
- Obtain approval of the Member State(s) concerned
- Prepare your application in the Funding and Tenders portal
Submit your application online by 19 January 2022 at 17.00 CET
Evaluation: February – June 2022 (indicative)
Information to applicants:
- May 2022 Alternative Fuels (indicative)
- June 2022 (indicative)
Signature of grant agreements: September/October 2022
The budget available under the Cohesion envelope (reserved for the 15 EU Member States that are eligible for Cohesion Fund support) is EUR 2.8 BILLION. The budget available under the General envelope (all EU Member States can apply) is EUR 2.87 BILLION. The budget available under the Military Mobility envelope (open to applicants from all EU Member States) is EUR 330 MILLION.
WHAT PROJECTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING?
The call for proposals supports Actions under the General, Cohesion and Military Mobility envelopes concerning:
- Infrastructure projects on the Core and Comprehensive TEN-T (railways, inland waterways, maritime and inland ports, roads, rail-road terminals and multimodal logistics platforms)
- Smart applications for transport (ERTMS, ITS, SESAR, RIS, etc.)
- Transport interoperability
- Alternative fuels infrastructure (including electricity fast-charging and hydrogen refuelling infrastructure on the TEN-T road network). As regards recharging points for EVs & HDVs only, please check the eligibility on this map (select “layers” then “AFIF eligibility maps”).
- Motorways of the Sea
- Multimodal passenger hubs
- Reduction of rail freight noise
- Safe and secure parking infrastructure
- Road safety
- Improvement of transport infrastructure resilience, in particular to climate change and natural disasters
- Adaptation of transport infrastructure for Union external border checks purposes
- Adaptation of the TEN-T to civilian-defence dual-use (Military Mobility envelope)
Source: European Commission